Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One Last Temptation

With less than two days remaining in my stay in Zambia I’m busily trying to get things wrapped-up at work. It wouldn’t surprise me if smoke started coming from my laptop. Then the following email forwarded from MSF catches me by surprise:

“Could you please check and let me know if Ian - finishing up his mission in Zambia I believe, perhaps handing over already? - would be available to go to Ivory Coast for a few weeks to do a spot of FinCo Coaching? Even if he does not speak French we might still consider sending him there if it is feasible for him. Could you please check with the mission and let me know?”

The Ivory Coast may sort of be on the way to Canada from Zambia, but this side-trip just wasn’t possible. It was nice to be asked and yes, it did hurt a bit to say no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home