Thursday, March 21, 2013

Update from Laos

At times I think it's just a strange dream, but I realize that I really do have a family and that they are presently in Laos.  As I recognize that the majority of my blog readers are more interested in their activities than mine I decided to include a portion of Thipp's email to me last night (with some editing done by me to punctuation, etc., and to delete all the mushy stuff).

"Alex is having lots of bonding time with grandma and he seems to really like her. Alex is kissing everyone and talking up a storm. I can't believe how much he is chatting with people as if he's having a real conversation with them.  Like today when we were coming back home on the bus from the city, he was doing the 360 and chatting with everyone on the bus.  Of course, people thought that was pretty cute."

"When I got back from Cambodia the air conditioner in our place wasn't working so we stayed in room number 3. It took them 3 days to fix it!  It's getting hotter here so yesterday I went and bought a big plastic pool and took it to my family's place for the kids, although it was mostly for me and Alex. When Annie and Talo came home from school and saw the pool they were so excited that their clothes came off as soon as they got off the motorbike. I had to stop them from jumping in the pool and have a wash down first.  I added salt to the water and the next two people to join was "7" and Angie (editor's note - neighbour kids).  Alex didn't like it at all when the kids came in.  They were too noisy for him so I took him out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home