Monday, May 15, 2006

La Hot in Lahore

Feeling the need for a few days away from the world of MSF I decided to take an R&R (rest & relaxation) weekend in Lahore. I had heard that there was lots do in this city of over five million people. However, with the weather being so hot my staff thought I was nuts. They were correct about the heat, but the change of scenery still had its benefits.

The temperature in Lahore on Saturday reached 45 °C (113 °F). I tried to be a good tourist and visited Lahore Fort, a bit of the Old City and the Mall. I traveled between locations by motorcycle rickshaw, but after a couple of hours I was cooked. I returned to my room to enjoy the excellent air-conditioning and good movie selection on TV.

I decided to focus on making this a true R&R weekend and concentrated on sleeping-in and basically trying to do as little as possible. On Sunday my big adventure was going for lunch at McDonald’s. I stayed away from the local specialty, the McArabia, and noted that there weren’t any McHealthy menu options, which was McFine with me. They had picked a good month to introduce the McFlurry to Pakistan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home