Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Blog is Back!

The Blog is back! By semi-popular demand (i.e more than 1 person) I have resurrected my on-line travel diary. I had forgotten the password for my blog site and had to learn a new procedure for adding photos, but now I'm back and blogging.

I'll be leaving shortly for Sri Lanka to work for six weeks with the Holland section of Medecins Sans Frontieres as the Financial & HR Coordinator. Based in Colombo, I'll be part of the country management team supporting two medical programs in the northern Tamil region towns of Kilinochi and Vavuniya. Obtaining my working visa has been a bureaucratic quagmire and we still aren't quite sure when the final hurdle will be passed. Hopefully, I will be on a plane this weekend. As I'm going to a country that is primarily Buddhist I am accepting that this has all been pre-determined by my karma.

My immunizations are done, I've updated my IPOD and packed my 30-block sunscreen. I'm ready for Sri Lanka.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people will do anything to avoid riding in the rain.Glad to see the blog is up and running...someone else asked for the blog to be up too

8:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, we are at least 3 to be glad to see the blog back online then ! ;-)
All the best to you ! Looking forward to read you again !

Alex

12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home