Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Preparing for Departure to Nigeria

My flight was confirmed this morning, my passport with its newly stamped visa delivered by courier today just before lunch, and my semi-organized backpack is pretty much ready to go. Despite all the evidence that I’m leaving tomorrow, I still don’t fully grasp what’s ahead.
I’m about to embark on a five-week assignment with MSF in northwest Nigeria.

I’ll be working as their Financial Coordinator in the town of Sokoto, in the State of Sokoto, supporting MSF ‘s Maternal and Child Health program, Nutrition program, and Emergency Response unit. I had a telephone briefing yesterday with Oliver and have read some background material. Ready or not, here I go.

I’m not sure how much I’ll be updating my blog while in Nigeria. It’s hard to know how busy or inspired I’ll be to write. However, I’ve at least resurrected my blog site by getting a new password, inserting a couple of maps, and writing these few paragraphs. But don’t be disappointed if I don’t make any or many updates and I won’t be disappointed if you don’t read my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home