Wednesday, February 17, 2016

First We Take Berlin

I went to my last cross fit workout in Phuket this morning.  Eric had tailored the workout in my honour with each drill starting with a letter that spelled out "Good bye Ian."  Of course, I wasn't able to complete the drills within the allotted time.

Today feels like every other day in Thailand, but it isn't.  Today is the beginning of a new chapter.  I will pick Alex up from school, play, swim and then go to the airport.  I will then fly to Berlin via Abu Dhabi for meetings at the MSF office on Friday.  I will then leave that evening for the return trip to Phuket, returning Saturday evening.  The following Monday morning we will fly to Tashkent, Uzbekistan via Dubai.

The last time I was in Berlin was 1982, when it was east and west.  I remember going through Checkpoint Charlie to visit East Berlin for a day.  I understand that it's a museum now.  This past August we passed through Berlin when we were travelling from Denmark to Prague.  I remember thinking that I wouldn't mind visiting there again sometime.  Well now I will have my chance as after my red-eye flight my Thursday is totally free.  With temperatures ranging from 0 to 5 degrees outside I will also get to the test the jacket I bought a few weeks ago in Singapore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home